Message for Muslims Trust Vision Statement
The object of the Trust is to advance the cause of the Protestant Christian religion in accordance with the doctrine of the acceptance of the Bible in its entirety as being the Word of God and the only basis of Christian Faith and practice and a personal trust in the Lord Jesus Christ as the Son of God and his atoning sacrifice as the ground of salvation.
The aims of the Message for Muslims Trust
1) To publish and republish Christian literature and other Christian material such as tapes, videos, DVDs and CD’s to equip the Church primarily for the evangelisation of Muslims.
The Trust aims to reprint classic unobtainable works on Islam which shed such light on Islam which is not always found in modern works on the subject. The Trust also prints new literature on Islam with the intention of becoming a valuable source to help individuals, Bible Colleges and the Church in their profession of Christ to Muslims.
2) The Trust recognizes the sober fact that more and more Christian Missionaries are coming from the Far East, Asia and Western and Southern Africa. TMFMT seeks to work with them and provide individuals, Bible Colleges and Missionary Agencies with their publications at cost price.
3) The Trust also recognizes that Islamic propagation literature has vastly improved over the past decade both in content and presentation and so it seeks to equip believers respond to respond to this material.
4) The Trust is concerned over the nature of some modern Christian apologetic material and so seeks once again to bring to the notice of the Christian community the unfashionable yet classic approach of the works of the old masters on this subject.
5) The Trust invites Muslim readers to consider our literature and profitable explore the wonderful Christian life.
History of the Message for Muslims Trust
TMFMT was brought into existence to meet the need of bringing older classical Christian works to the attention of a new generation. Although some of the old works on Islam were deemed most valuable to anyone seeking to bring the gospel to Muslims no publisher would print such titles because of the likelihood of facing financial losses.
In 1977 an original founder member of the Trust was approached by FFM North America to reprint "The Gospel of God" by Herbert Spencer, a former Principal of The College of Islamics, Aligarh, India.
Following this initial enterprise a string of classics on Islam were reprinted. First came “The Sources of Islam“, written by the missionary scholar Dr. St. Clair-Tisdall, master of five languages. Then came the reprinting of two of the unobtainable works of the greatest of all western missionary scholars on Islam, Dr. Samuel Zwemer; “The Muslim Doctrine of God” and “The Muslim Christ” It was Dr. Zwemer who in 1915 presented his famous call to the missionary gathering at Keswick which resulted in the launch of the formation of the F.F.M. (Fellowship of Faith for Muslims).
“The Message for Muslims Trust was formerly made a Charitable Trust on January 7th 1985. The present trustees and supporters continue the objectives laid down by the founders and are Bible-believing Evangelical Christians wholly committed to full-time mission to Muslims.